Annual Consultative Meeting – 17th November 2021
The 2021 Wildwater Racing Annual Consultative Meeting is planned to take place on the evening of Wednesday 17th November, all those with an interest in Wildwater Racing are very welcome to attend. This year it will again be held online due to the ongoing Covid situation. Registration to attend will open approximately one month before the meeting.
The business of the ACM is to:
- Receive and approve the previous ACM Minutes
- Receive the report of the Chair and other Committee Members and subcommittees
- Receive a report from the Treasurer and accept the Annual Accounts
- Present the draft budget for the following year
- Report on the four-year plan and approve future proposals
- Elect Officers and members of the WWRC
- Consider any items on the Agenda requested by those eligible to vote
Voting is by Registered Club, for a club to qualify as a Registered Club the following conditions apply
Be affiliated with a National Association (British Canoeing, Scottish Canoe Association, Canoe Wales and Canoe Association Northern Ireland) and any one of the following:
- Have had at least 1 club member compete in at least 1 race in the previous 12 months prior to the meeting
- Have organised at least one regional or national race within the previous 12 months
In addition because of the Covid restrictions that have been in place for the last 12 months meaning little or no races have been held across the nations any club that was eligible to vote at last year’s ACM will be eligible at this year’s ACM
To be able to vote at the ACM a registered Club needs to appoint a club member to vote on behalf of the Club or via a proxy, the proxy can be another registered Club or the Chair. This needs to be done by 20:00 Sunday 14th November.
Any items for the Agenda at the ACM, not originating from the WWRC are required to be made by two full members of a National Association who are members of and represent a Registered Club. This needs to be done by Monday 18th October
This link opens the form for Agenda Item(s) – Both representatives members of the two Registered clubs need to complete a form.
The WWRC is comprised of up to 10 elected or appointed persons, each being a full individual member of a National Association. This total includes 3 Officers (Chair, Secretary, Treasurer) up to 3 general members and up to 4 National Association delegates. At the first meeting of the WWRC following an ACM, a Vice-Chair will be elected by the WWRC from the elected members
Elected members serve for approximately two years. Officers are elected at alternate ACMs, the Chair and Treasurer in odd years and the Secretary in even years.
Positions open for election at this year’s ACM are:
- Secretary (1 year term, position not filled at the 2020 ACM)
- 2 general committee members
Nomination for officer positions, (Chair, Secretary, Treasurer) are required to made by two full members of a National Association – Nomination closes Monday 18th October 2021.
This link opens the form for Nomination for Officers – Both Nominators need to complete a form
Nominations for general members are required to be made by two full members of a National Association – Nomination closes on Monday 1st November
This link opens the form for Nomination for General Committee Members – Both Nominators need to complete a form