Missing the rapids well make your own
Missing the rapids well make your own at home. This is your Blue Peter moment!!!! Project One
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Two pieces of wood MDF is good but any wood will do one longer than other size is up to you but the bigger it is the more work
- About 12 inches long and 4 inches wide for the long piece and 6 to 7 inches long and 4 inches wide for the small piece will give a nice effect. About 1 / 4 inch thick (depth) or more. If you want a bigger drop then make the smaller piece a thicker one.
- Polyfilla (and water) plus a plastic spatula or similar to shape the polyfilla.
- Paint acrylic brown, blue, white, black.
- White PVA glue (wood glue)
- Some small stones, or plastic to experiment making your own rocks. (Or buy some rock moulds from Woodland Scenic) there are all sorts, Amazon UK do them they are not cheap (£10 upwards) but can be used over and over again. You will need casting powder. Mouldmaster stonecast 1Kg £5.99 from Amazon should work.
- Glue smaller piece on top of larger one, this is your drop.
- The stones need to be able to sit on the base and be glued on so flatter bottomed ones might be easier or experiment making your own with scrunched up shopping bag (small piece) and the polyfilla. Or the rock mould(s) with casting powder.
- Position your rocks as you want to make your rapid more technical
- Use the polyfilla to create waves, stopper etc.
- Paint as required and there you have your rapid.
If you want you can add a v into your drop or twigs, or shrubbery, use your imagination. Or even add more drops with additional lengths of wood. Perhaps even a small head bobbling down (with crash hat on of course).
This is one Danny Dalrymple aged over 70 did earlier with MDF, rocks from rock moulds and polyfilla and paint.
What line did you choose down it?
Post your rapid on Facebook.