What is the Perception Wavehopper Challenge Series?
Going as FAST as you can downstream, it's great for learning more about rivers and developing skills - even better as its challenging, fun and exciting!
- A fun series of events are held around the country, which are run by the BCU Wildwater Racing Committee in partnership with the BCU to indtroduce paddlers to Wild Water racing. The races are either over two short runs or one slightly longer run.
- All age categories are supported, so every one can have a go!
- Wavehopper Kayaks can be provided just contact the race organiser for details. To start with however you may wish to use a Kayak that you are more used to so long as it's under 3.5 metres in length, just bring along your buoyancy aid, paddle, helmet and spraydeck
- Paddlers should be at least two star standard or Paddlepower One Standard
- Most events run along side national events catering for all ages.
How it works
- For each event points will be awarded according to placing - 25 points awarded to the winner of each event - 24 to second placed and so on. If two runs are attempted the fastest time counts.
- Double points will be awarded at the Final
- The Challenge Series Winner will be the paddler in each category with the highest score taking the sum of the three best events plus the final. You must compete in at least two races to qualify.
- The Challenge Winner will be the fastest time recorded in each category at the Final.
- The Challenge Series Club Prize goes to the Club with the highest score over the series. Clubs score points for the best six paddler results in each race.
- The Club gaining the most point at the finals will be award the Club Challenge prize.
- Participation certificates will be awarded to all competitors.