Selection Weekend Details
Selection and Regional Race Easter Weekend HPP
We currently have 50 entries which is fantastic news, covering all categories.
Provisional information below:
Many thanks for all your entries for the regional and selection races on 20 and 21st April.
Please find below provisional timings and information for the weekend.
Please note particularly the following:
• No one will be allowed on the water without their race bib. This must be worn at all times including for practice runs. Bibs can be collected from the green hut and will not be issued unless you have paid. Please keep these until after the 2nd run of the sprint run on Saturday, they will be re-issued on Sunday morning.
• If you haven’t already paid the £25 please will you contact me to do so to avoid cash handling as far as possible? Many thanks to those that have already paid.
• Everyone needs to show their BC card.
• No safety cover will be provided.
• Assessments will take place throughout the practice sessions and the races, hence it is essential that you wear your bib at all times. Those doing more than one class wear your K1 or C1 bib during practice please. Jim Wallis wear your C1 bib during practice please.
• It is proposed to use beam timing but should there be any problems with it on the day it will be replaced by stopwatches. This will be announced at the briefing.
• The green hut half way down the course is our base so any queries, there will normally be an official around that area.
• Boat scrutineering is compulsory for everyone, prior to racing, and samples will also be selected for testing after the races. If you are unsure what equipment/kit you should be using please check with Nicky Cresser, Jamie Christie or Julie Lewis beforehand. It is clearly stated in the rules. We have had paddlers disqualified at international events for failing to meet the criteria so this is good preparation. Air bags are compulsory and must be inflated.
• If you decide not to race the classic on Sunday morning please let me know asap on Saturday night.
• Provisional start times will be published on Sunday on fb and the WWR website. If you have any concerns re these please contact Julie Lewis asap. We have quite a few paddlers doing more than one class and have tried to maximise breaks between categories for this reason.
• Appeals panel: Peter Schofield, Dave Belbin and either Julie Lewis or Jamie Christie depending on the category
Sunday 14th April Provisional start times published Julie Lewis
Friday 19th April Final start lists published – Julie Lewis
Friday 19th April 15.30 – 17.30 Check in and bib collection from green hut – Julie Lewis
Friday 19th April 17.30 – 19.30 Course practice – bibs must be worn
Assessments – Dave Belbin
Saturday 20th April 08.00 – 10.00 Course practice – bibs must be worn – Julia and Pete Peter Mietus
Assessments – Dave Belbin
Saturday 20th April 10.00 – 11.30 Boat scrutineering Nicky Cresser (lead)
Saturday 20th April 14.00 – 16.00 Final check in and boat scrutineering
Saturday 20th April 16.00 Briefing – compulsory
All paddlers must attend – Julie Lewis
Saturday 20th April 17.00
18.00 1st sprint run
2nd sprint run
(Note there will be no practice time on the course prior to 17.00)
Boat Scrutineering: Nicky Cresser
Photography: Peter Schofield
Drone coverage: Dave Stevenson
Results: Liz Ayres
Assessments: Dave Belbin
Results runner: Volunteer needed
Bib collector: Julia Mietus
Sunday 21st April 07.00 – 07.30 Course open
Bib handout Peter Schofield and
Sunday 21st April 08.00-10.00 Classic runs – first start time will be published in the next few days.
Sunday 21st April 11.00 Prize giving
I am still looking for a few more helpers if there are any willing parents who could assist.